Privacy

 

Yes it is scary, but I rarely stop to think about that, even though I should.

In the article Marshal says: “93 percent of respondents believe internet companies should ask for permission before using personal information.” I wonder who are the other 7 percent that doesn’t believe.

I remember about 8 years ago a website where you would sign up to stop receiving telemarketing, and if anyone called you after you had signed up they could be sued.

That really worked. I never received another call after that. Why can they do the same thing now?

Sparapani from facebook says: “Our users are really quite savvy as a group”.  (LOL) Really?

Marcelo.

Advertisements

2 responses to “Privacy

  1. It would be great to have a “do not spam” registry to deal with unsolicited email, I completely agree!

  2. Pingback: Article on Privacy in NY Times « LIB 1201 – Research & Documentation for the Information Age

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s